Monday, August 23, 2010

Kansas City Art Institute Animation--Hunting and Gathering Project, Part 1



This is my favorite place fro my childhood, my house.  It was a little house that my mother, stepfather, and I lived in for about six to seven years.  It was small, brown, with a seemingly huge front lawn that I would play and frolic in as an innocent child.  The lamp post seen at the corner of the driveway was like a North Star, always guiding me back to the place where my mother would cook hot food and tuck me in and where my stepfather would always let me watch T.V. when I wasn't supposed to.  In the back I had my own fort where I would play pirates or ghost-hunters or something.  It was fun using only my imagination to entertain me.  Back then we didn't have all the gadgets and ipods and twitters.  It was a simpler time, a better time.......until those Goddamn robots came and took over the world.  

1 comment:

  1. Concept:
    Excellent content in both images. Very personal in nature.

    Composition:
    Both compositions are very robust and offer a great deal of detail for the viewer to study. There are some liberties being taken with basic perspective, but that is a technique that can be exploited in film. However, I would recommend a brush-up on your perspective skills.

    Detail/execution:
    Both images are very well resolved in terms of execution and content. However, there needs to be a broader tonal range established in order to convey depth and atmosphere. There is excellent attention to detail, but no strong sense of lighting. With greater emphasis on contrast, your content will shine and speak more clearly to the viewer.

    Following instruction:
    Excellent. You finished a little earlier than I would have hoped, but the images are solid enough.

    ReplyDelete